How To Comply
The City and the Utilities have partnered to create a comprehensive, step-by-step Benchmarking Guide to help you through the benchmarking and reporting process. Below is an overview of the process with links to the relevant sections of the Guide:
- Register your Building with LADBS by completing the steps in Section 1.
- Create a Portfolio Manager Account by completing the steps in Section 2. If you already have an account, you can skip to Section 3.
- Create or update your Property Profile by completing the steps in Section 3.
- Manually upload prior year’s whole-building data to your Property Profile by completing Section 3B.
- If you have access to whole-building electricity, water, and natural gas usage data (including tenant-controlled areas) through bills or other utility management systems for the prior calendar year, you DO NOT need to request data from the utilities. Instead, you can simply upload any missing data to your Property Profile by following the steps in Section 3B, and submit your Benchmarking Report to DBS (see Section 6).
- Request LADWP and/or SoCalGas to upload the prior calendar year’s whole-building aggregated data by completing Sections 4 and Section 5.
- If you do not have access to whole-building electricity, water, or natural gas usage data (including any tenant-controlled areas) for the previous calendar year, follow the steps outlined in Sections 4 and 5 to request LADWP and/or SoCalGas to upload the aggregated data to ESPM.
- Submit your Benchmarking Report to LADBS by completing the steps in Section 6.
To comply with the Los Angeles Energy and Water Efficiency Ordinance, please complete the steps and submit your report on or before December 1, 2017 (buildings >100,00 GSF). For buildings subject to this deadline, check your compliance status on the LADBS website here.
Please note that if you do not already have whole-building electricity, gas, and water data, it is recommended that you complete the data request process as soon as possible to allow sufficient time for data upload and review.
- Contact the LA Department of Building and Safety with questions related to your Building ID, deadlines, and registration/payment
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact LA Energy and Water Efficiency Resource Center for questions on benchmarking
- Contact LADWP with questions regarding status of electricity and water data requests, or issues with electricity or water data provided
- Contact SoCalGas with questions regarding status of gas data requests, or issues with gas data provided