The L.A. Energy & Water Efficiency Resource Center is funded by the L.A. Department of Water and Power and SoCalGas to provide comprehensive resources to help covered buildings comply with the Existing Buildings Energy and Water Efficiency Ordinance.
The Center is powered by the L.A. Better Buildings Challenge, in partnership with the L.A. Department of Building and Safety, the L.A. Department of Water and Power, SoCalGas, the L.A. Mayor’s Office, and the U.S. Green Building Council-L.A. Chapter.
The Resource Center offers a range of materials and services to assist you in completing the benchmarking and reporting process, including:
- Benchmarking Guide: Step-by-step instructions to walk you through the entire compliance process.
- Technical Support: Once you’ve set up your property in ENERGY STAR, we’re available to troubleshoot issues and can review your property. Request technical support by completing our contact form here.
- Service Provider Directory: We have created a directory of vetted consultants who can complete and submit the benchmarking report on your behalf. View the directory here.
- Not sure who to ask? If we’re not able to address your question, we’ll refer you to the best contact at the L.A. Department of Water and Power, SoCalGas or the L.A. Department of Building and Safety. Complete our contact form to request assistance here.
Please note that building owners are responsible for setting up the property in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager, requesting data and submitting the benchmarking reports, with the option to hire a consultant to complete these tasks on your behalf.
The Resource Center is neither legally nor technically able to:
- Establish ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager accounts on your behalf
- Request data on your behalf
- View the status of utility data requests in real time
- Submit benchmarking reports to L.A. Department of Building and Safety on your behalf