How To Comply
- Register your building with LADBS and submit the disclosure compliance fee by completing the steps in Section 1. If you have already registered your building, log in to your LADBS account and submit the annual disclosure compliance fee following the instructions here.
- Create a Portfolio Manager Account by completing Section 2. If you already have an account, you can skip to Section 3.
- Create your Portfolio Manager Property Profile by completing Section 3. If you have already created your property, review and update your property details as needed.
- Upload or request whole-building electricity, water and natural gas data for the prior calendar year to complete your benchmarking report in Portfolio Manager.
- If your building has tenants that are not directly billed by the utilities (i.e. the building is master metered) or if you do not have tenants, upload the prior calendar year’s whole-building data to your Property Profile by completing Section 3B; or
- If tenants are billed directly by the utilities, request LADWP and/or SoCalGas to upload the prior calendar year’s aggregated data by completing Sections 4 and/or Section 5.
- LADWP and SoCalGas provide automated recurring data updates, so you only need to complete the request process with each utility once.
- Note: If you successfully requested data for past reporting years, you do not need to submit a new request. Check your virtual meters in Portfolio Manager to ensure your data is current and review the Ongoing Reporting Guide for detailed compliance instructions.
- Submit your Benchmarking Report to LADBS by completing Section 6.
Please complete the steps above and submit your report on or before June 1, 2019. If you need to request data from LADWP and/or SoCalGas, it is strongly recommended that you complete the data request process no later than March 1st to allow sufficient time for data upload and review.
Starting in 2020, the Ordinance also requires covered buildings to achieve certain efficiency targets or perform audits and retro-commissioning on a 5-year cycle determined by the property’s AIN - learn more here.
Contact the LA Department of Building and Safety with questions related to your Building ID, notification letters, deadlines, registration (including revising contact information), payment of fees/fines, and non‐compliance notices.
Contact LA Energy and Water Efficiency Resource Center for questions on benchmarking.
Contact LADWP with questions regarding status of electricity and water data requests, or issues with electricity or water data provided.
Contact SoCalGas with questions regarding status of gas data requests, or issues with gas data provided.