How to Comply
The EBEWE Ordinance requires buildings to achieve certain efficiency targets or perform audits and retro-commissioning on a 5 year cycle determined by the property's AIN. If you do not have your AIN, you may lookup on the LA County Assessor website.
In order to comply, building owners and managers have several options for either demonstrating that the building has reduced energy and water usage, or is on a pathway to efficiency.
- Obtain an Energy Audit and Implement Retro-commissioning Measures - audit requirements reference ASHRAE standard 2.11, and retro-commissioning will focus on scheduling repairs and maintenance of existing equipment, specifically, measures that are observable during the energy audit; or meet one of the exemptions listed below;
- Achieve Energy Star Certification for the compliance year, or for two of the three years preceding compliance date; or
- Document 15% reduction in energy use intensity over the prior 5 years, using ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager; or
- Meet one of the additional exemptions defined in Section 91.9706.1.3. Exemptions
- Obtain a Water Audit and Implement Retro-commissioning Measures; or meet one of the exemptions listed below;
- Document 20% reduction in water use intensity over the prior 5 years, using ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager; or
- Meet one of the additional exemptions defined in Section 91.9706.2.3. Exemptions
More information is coming soon, so please be sure to join our mailing list for updates.